A guest is someone (MIT or non-MIT affiliated) who does not live in your residence hall.
You are permitted to have guests in your residence, including the common areas of the residence hall, under the following conditions:
- Please note that no visitor will be allowed to enter the building unless accompanied by a Warehouse resident, or the visitor's name appears on a guest list provided by a resident for a specific event. If the resident is not at home, the visitor may wait in the lobby but may not go to the resident's room.
- In case of hosting an event in a Warehouse communal space, a resident may also leave a guest list at the front desk, listing names of those attending a specific event at one specific time. A separate guest list must be left for each event, even if the event will occur more than once.
*When you host guest(s), for an event or overnight, Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests and will be billed for any damage caused by them during their stay.
- You may not have overnight guests for more than three (3) nights in any given week.
- Guests may not stay overnight in a Warehouse apartment unless the resident is present. Violation of this rule constitutes subletting, which is expressly forbidden and which may result in the termination of the resident's license agreement.
- A resident is required to gain the permission of the housemaster or house manager anytime the guest stay is longer than three (3) days, for a maximum of seven (7) additional days. Permission needs to be requested more than 48 hours in advance of the first night of the additional stay.
- The Warehouse, like all other MIT graduate residences not specific designated as Family Housing, is a single occupancy facility. Although we do allow overnight guests according to the policy above, the house manager or the housemasters may at any time decide to limit the number of overnight guests or the number of nights per visit for any resident.
*In addition, guests will need to sign-in at the front desk and for extended stays, a form will need to be filled out by the host.