A guest is someone (MIT or non-MIT affiliated) who does not live in Warehouse. A guest may be a daytime or overnight guest. The policies below apply to both daytime and overnight guests unless explicitly stated.
Temporary Covid-19 Guest Policies as of 06/27/21:
Warehouse residents are permitted to have guests in accordance with the following special policies in response to the current Covid-19 situation. For more details see the Institute policy for Guests in Approved Institute Housing. Resident hosts are expected to assure that their guest(s) complies/comply with all Institue and Warehouse policies.
Covid Testing and Health Monitoring for Guests
- All guests who are over the age of 16 are expected to be vaccinated.
- Guests who are in COVID Pass must be in compliance with MIT health monitoring policies for testing and attestations.
- Guests who are not in COVID Pass must take a COVID-19 test, if they are available, with a negative result within a week before entering the residence hall.
- If a guest is unable to get a test for COVID-19 before arrival then, upon arrival, the guest must test as soon as possible, and quarantine and stay away from others in the residence hall (other than their host).
- If the guest is vaccinated and has a negative test result, they do not need to quarantine.
- If the guest is not vaccinated and gets a negative test result, they need to quarantine and stay away from others in the residence hall (other than their host) for the duration of their stay.
- If the guest receives a positive test result while visiting, they should depart the residence hall and contact their healthcare provider.
Upon arrival, all guests must immediately visit the house desk to:
- Sign-in, including name, phone, arrival time, and anticipated departure time/date;
- Be met by the resident host at the desk or enter the residence hall with their host and be escorted to their destination;
- Be escorted to the desk and main exit by the resident host to sign-out before departure; and
- Sign-out upon departure.
Overnight guests are allowed in accordance with the policy detailed in the link above. In particular:
- Residents may not have overnight guests for more than three (3) nights in a seven-day (7) period without the permission of the Heads of House or Building Manager.
- Resident hosts are expected to present their Covid Pass status (i.e. on a smartphone) to front desk staff to verify compliance with Covid Pass requirements during the guest check-in process.
Standard (pre-Covid-19) Information Below:
You are permitted to have guests in the common areas of the residence hall and your Warehouse apartment, under the following conditions:
- All guests must sign in at the front desk.
- No guest will be allowed access beyond the lobby unless they are accompanied by a Warehouse resident.
- When hosting an event in a Warehouse communal space, a resident may leave a guest list at the front desk, listing their name and phone number as well as the names of those attending the event. When guests arrive they must check-in at the front desk and, assuming they are on the guest list, they will be escorted to the area the event will be held by front desk staff. A separate guest list must be left for each event, even if the event will occur more than once.
Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests and will be billed for any damage caused by them during their stay.
Overnight and Extended Stay Guests
- The Warehouse is a single occupancy facility. Although we do allow overnight guests according to the policy outlined below, the heads of house may at any time decide to limit the number of overnight guests or the number of nights per visit for any resident.
- You may not have overnight guests for more than three (3) nights in any given week without permission from the Heads of House or Building Manager (see below for more information).
- Guests may not stay overnight in a Warehouse apartment unless the resident is present. Violation of this rule constitutes subletting, which is expressly forbidden and which may result in the termination of the resident's license agreement.
- A resident is required to obtain the permission of the Heads of House or Building Manager anytime the guest stay is longer than three (3) days. Permission must be requested by sending an email to the Heads of House firstname.lastname@example.org OR the building manager email@example.com more than 48 hours in advance of the first night of the stay. Requests can be made for a maximum of seven (7) additional days.
- During the time that an extended stay has been granted, that guest will, after presenting their identification to the front desk, be escorted to the door that leads to the Warehouse apartments. However, Warehouse staff will not provide entry to the resident’s actual apartment (i.e. by unlocking the resident’s apartment door).